Highlights of WordPress 3.0!
WordPress 3.0 was released to the public June 17th with a mountain of changes to it’s previous version. I have compiled my personal favorites below. For those of you not fully aware of the recent changes to WordPress, check out my favorites below:
1. Custom Menu Management:
This allows the creation of custom menus combining posts, pages, categories, tags, and links for use in theme menus or widgets.
2. Improved Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies (structure) including hierarchical support:
3. Custom Header and Background API’s:
4. New Default theme “Twenty Ten”: This comes available with all the functionality that a premium theme would have.
5. WordPress merges with WordPress MU:
This enables the management of multiple blogs through a single admin.
6. Custom background from the admin:
It’s clear from a few examples I have given that WordPress is taking a much more streamlined approach to usability. At every level, simplicity is exemplified. They truly have built a powerful, yet very simplistic approach to managing your website. If you have not upgraded I would highly encourage you to download 3.0! What are your favorites?
Author Bio: I am a 26 year old internet entrepreneur and co-founder of MOJO-Themes. In addition, I have been involved with custom design and development for the past 6 years out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Feel free to contact me on twitter and let me know your thoughts or just say hi! @bradynord